Civil/Structural CAD Technician
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Penguin Recruitment
Salary up to £32,000 + BENEFITS!
Our client, a successful, well-established Civil and Structural Consultancy is currently looking to recruit a Civil/Structural Engineering Technician for a vibrant office in St Albans. Working with Clients in both the Public and Private sectors, the team provide services ranging from site appraisals and feasibility studies to detailed design of roads and drainage schemes associated with a variety of retail, educational, commercial and residential developments as well as the associated building structures design.
Our client is offering a friendly and supportive work environment, flexible work arrangements as well as ongoing training and support a competitive starting salary and benefits!
In order to be considered for this Civil/Structural CAD Technician role you will;
* Ideally be educated to HNC/HND in Civil or Structural Engineering (or related discipline)
* Experienced in the use of AutoCAD in a Consultancy environment
* Experience with UK design principles and standards.
* A good level of IT Literacy/Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of some of the following software AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Micro Drainage and /or Revit/TEKLA/Tedds
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Work efficiently with good time management skills
Responsibilities and Duties for this Civil/Structural CAD Technician role;
* Preparation of drawings to reflect accurate and practical engineering solutions using AutoCAD/Civil 3D and or TEKLA
* Assist with the preparation of technical and reports
* Provide technical support to other members of the team
* Liaison with Clients and other professional teams associated with individual projects
This position is a mixed role and experience in both a civils and structures environment would be beneficial but we may also consider candidates with some of the skills noted*
In order to discuss this Civil/Structural CAD Technician role and other similar roles within Civil Engineering please call MIKAELA on (phone number removed) or email your CV