Senior Structural Engineer
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Penguin Recruitment
Salary up to £42,000 + Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer with a minimum of 4-5 years of structural design experience to join a successful, well-recognised, Civil and Structural design consultancy based in the Derby office. Working on a variety of small, medium and large scale projects up to the value of around £20 million you will work on projects from inception through to completion stage and be invited to join a friendly and supportive work environment encouraging progression and development. Current project workload includes large scale residential builds, commercial offices, schools, student accommodation and mixed use buildings.
Our client is offering a friendly supportive work environment, a competitive salary, pension contribution, flexible work arrangements, onsite parking and discretionary bonus schemes.
In order to be considered for this Senior Structural Engineer role you will;
* Have gained a strong Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* You will have a minimum of 4-5 years (or more) consultancy experience
* Ideally you will have experience working on Commercial and Residential buildings
* A working knowledge of AutoCAD
* Previous experience using TEDDS and/or TEKLA would be beneficial
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* You will work well as part of a close knit design team
* Being local would be a distinct advantage
Working as a Senior Structural Engineer you will;
* Assist the Director working on a variety of interesting projects
* Produce calculations, reports and specifications
* Assist with Bid Proposals
* You will visit site and client liaison meetings
Commutable locations for this Senior Structural Engineer role would include; Leicester, Nottingham and Birmingham.
In order to discuss this Senior Structural Engineer role and other similar roles within the Building Structures sector please call MIKAELA on (phone number removed) or email your CV