Senior Care Assistant
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by Anonymous
***Rated Good by the CQC***
Working in a large, modern Nursing home specialising in the care of older people, with the Home providing 24hr nursing residential care and round the clock dementia care to residents. The home has first class, up to date facilities and amenities throughout. Located in the Scraptoft area of Leicester, there is good access to public transport and the road network.
To assist the Home Manager and Deputy manager in all aspects in the day-to-day running of the Care Home. Promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
* To help manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of the Unit including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training issues, communication with the team, the premises and financial matters.
* Responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements relevant throughout the home, including HACCP, COSHH, Health and Safety etc.
* To maintain all legal and statutory records, displayed records concerning the home; insurance certificates, registration documents.
* MUST have a minimum of an NVQ Level 3.
* MUST have experience of dispensing Medication
* Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a caring environment (preferably within care of older people)
* Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
This is a fantastic opportunity, please apply online in the first. Please note due to the expected high level of applications, if you do not hear back within 5 working days your application has been unsuccessful
De Montfort University