Ecommerce Technical Lead / Manager
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Located in the heart of Bristol, a top 10 city in Europe for tech, you will be joining a new team that will comprise of analysts, creative designers, solution engineers, testers, that will provide creative digital and technology services for our clients in the South West and beyond.
Want to shape the future of online retail? Are you great at working in a mixed-discipline team? Love the thinking as much as making things happen? Are you as confident talking about great creative ideas, strategy and user experience, as well as testing and KPIs?
Overall, you're an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer - that's important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We're expanding fast, so we're looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
As a Technical Lead in one of our teams, we need you to lead, guide, plan and explain. You will work alongside clients and other agency disciplines, cracking problems with a mix of technical expertise and innovative thinking. It's how we outclass the competition and create the best digital experiences. If that sounds like you, and you have good project experience agency or client side, this role could be the next step you're looking for.
As a Technical Lead you will be expected to:
* Lead a team(s) of developers to deliver end-to-end ecommerce solutions that help our clients meet customer needs.
* Own estimates and commitments around solution design and planning.
* Collaborate with your team to ensure project and technical decisions are made together.
* Create with your team the environment and support they need to succeed. You'll be their mentor.
* Take the lead on business development, exploring sales opportunities or helping recruit the best and most talented developers in the industry.
* Work with business analysts to develop high quality agile technical specs supported by technical designs.
* Ensure that developers on your team produce software components that meet the quality and architectural standards agreed for the team, including the documentation and implementation of unit tests, scripts and test harnesses.
* Be the custodian for risk, working with programme leadership to identify and reduce risk both within your team and for the programme as a whole.
* Establish, measure and improve good practices around delivery process and software quality
Your professional experience
You must have:
* At least 4 years' recent experience developing ecommerce solutions in an agile development team, including at least 1 years' recent experience operating in a Technical Team Lead role for a team developing ecommerce solutions.
* Delivered at least two ecommerce solutions through to deployment and go-live.
* A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second), preferably in Computer Science or another scientific discipline.
* The right to live and work in the UK.
* Worked in a project-based environment, liaising with customers throughout the entire solution delivery lifecycle while managing their demands and expectations.
* Experience leading development teams using agile development methods such as Scrum and Kanban.
* Embedded continuous integration and automated testing tools to drive demonstrable improvements in quality.
* Demonstrated your ability to establish good practice around usability, maintainability, security, performance and accessibility.
* Proven capability for identifying technical solutions to complex business problems.
* Experience of streamlining configuration management.
* Understanding of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts.
* Interest in developing the organisation, building and documenting processes, and evaluating tools.
* Strong Java development skills with a working understanding of frameworks and approaches such as:
* Dependency injection, e.g. Spring
* Web services, e.g. REST, SOAP
* Build tools, e.g. Maven/Gradle
* ORM, e.g. Hibernate
* Responsive UI e.g. Bootstrap
* Experience of design and implementation of market leading packages:
* Commerce - SAP Hybris, Oracle Commerce (ATG), IBM Websphere or other java based platforms
* Search and merchandising - Solr, Oracle Endeca, Fredhopper or similar, Content management - Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, OpenText ECM, Oracle WebCenter or similar, Order management - SAP Hybris, IBM Sterling Order Management, Manhattan Order Lifecycle Management or similar, Product information management - SAP Hybris, Heiler, Stibo or similar, Digital asset management - Adobe Experience Manager (Scene7), OpenText Media Management, Oracle WebCenter or similar
Please send CV's for immediate response
Henry Nicholas Associates
Girling Jones Ltd