General Manager - Composites
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Strategic Recruitment Partners
They have established an enviable reputation for high quality service, supplying the automotive, motorsport, aerospace, defence, wind energy, marine, sports and medical industries.
They now have a new and exciting role for a general manager to join their team. Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in 2019? Could this role be of interest?
The General Manager will run the day to day affairs of the company with regard to sales and purchase administration, warehouse, quality assurance and health and safety matters. It will also involve ensuring that our quality assurance system and records with regard to the technical aspects of the business are properly maintained. The General Manager will report directly to the Managing Director.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* Responsible for overseeing the efficient running of the warehouse, purchasing and sales admin departments
* Determine staffing requirements within relevant departments
* Train new and existing staff within relevant departments as required.
* Apply strategic planning to determine department or unit objectives
* Delegate work duties to staff to attain objectives
* Evaluate current business processes and systems
* Identify procedures and systems to maximise operating efficiency
* Review and update department policies and practices under the guidance of the Directors
* Responsible for the achievement of department productivity and quality goals by monitoring and measuring performance levels and conducting relevant staff performance appraisals
* Manage the transition to ISO9001:2015, and assist in the implementation of Environmental standard ISO14001 and the Health & Safety standard ISO45001
* Ensure the company remains compliant to the relevant ISO9001 requirements including ensuring that the company is operating with the scope of the quality manual and is following the written procedures.
* Ensuring new procedures are documented and controlled.
* Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety
* Ensuring that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national quality standards
* Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
* Monitoring performance and productivity by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
* Identify areas for changes and improvements and manage the implementation of them.
* Help to improve the business by ensuring managers and other staff understand how to use the relevant quality tools.
* Ensuring the company is working as efficiently as possible to remain highly competitive.
* Working with marketing and technical departments to co-ordinate control processes for new products