Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
The Infrastructure manager will be tasked with directing and managing teams that are responsible for the IT Infrastructure and Helpdesk support, whilst having a hand in overseeing the System architecture, providing maintenance and support. As the most senior IT Professional in the infrastructure team you will also be accountable for creating, promoting and enforcing IT policies, methodologies and best proactive, ensuring IT audit compliance requirements are met.
This is a senior position within a rapidly growing business so communication internally is also highly important. You will work very closely with Operations Manager, Operations Director and Service Deliver Manager, demonstrating the ability to oversee a team of 10 infrastructure engineers and form a part of critical business decisions. The ethos of the managers and business overall is a very can do and will do attitude with each manager demonstrating the flexibility to wear multiple hats, being technically hands on where necessary.
Infrastructure Manager required experience:
* Experience of working in busy infrastructure environment either in a Senior Operative or Team Lead role
* In-depth knowledge of Windows Server Technology
* Office 365 Administration (includes Exchange Administration, DLP Configuration and General Security Hardening)
* Experience of VMWare virtualisation Administration (Configuration and Security Hardening)
* Knowledge of Active Directory Administration and Configuration
* Experience of Current and evolving network technologies, especially those impacting Intranet and Internet environments
* Knowledge of General Security - Windows Firewalls, Group Policies, Automatic Patching, Password Management
* Knowledge of Linux administration and configuration
* Confident in acting as a team member to inspire and motivate.
* Must be self-motivated and able to address issues as they arise, needs to be able to own the issue and escalate accordingly. Will make decisions in line with best practice and via consultation with the senior members of the business.
This role opens itself up to someone looking for that next step in their career and moving from a senior position within an infrastructure team, or someone in a similar managerial position who is interested in joining a rapidly growing telecommunications organisation.
All vacancies are exclusive to Big Red and should you feel you meet the criteria and you are interested in the vacancy being listed please apply ASAP through this job posting as we have interview times available
Hays Construction and Property
Convergence Group Ltd