In-Vivo Study Scientist - Nottinghamshire
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
ESSENTIAL: Home Office Personal Licence Modules 1-4.
As an independent organisation, our client offers a blend of consultancy and preclinical experimental services to the pharmaceutical industry. Their customer/ clients include pharma, biotech and virtual companies and healthcare investors from the UK, Europe, USA and Far East.
Our client is located in Nottingham (East Midlands), conveniently situated in the heart of central England. There are excellent air, rail and road links to the city as well as neighbouring towns such as Mansfield, Newark, Retford, Worksop and the surrounding areas. With a dynamic culture, rich history and sporting glory - Nottinghamshire is one of the UK's top destinations.
· Working within the Drug Abuse Group on a daily basis. Essentially the day to day running of IVSA animals.
· Carrying out jugular cannulation surgery and or recovery of rats post surgery.
· Handling of experimental data (Paper and electronic).
· Formulation and administration of compounds.
· Collection of samples and tissues.
· Assist Study Director in production of data and report to Client.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Degree qualified in Science or equivalent.
· ESSENTIAL: Home Office Personal Licence Modules 1-3 is essential, 4 is desirable.
· Experience in dosing techniques in Rats.
· Experience in surgical techniques in Rats.
· Good understanding of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 - ESSENTIAL.
· Previous experience in an In-Vivo work related background.
· Good understanding of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
· Ability to work unsupervised.
· Be required to work weekend overtime as required.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH43378 in all correspondence
Agenda Resource Management