Support Worker - Lowestoft - Young Adults
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
You must understand the importance of lone working in order to provide the highest standard of support and care possible. If you are passionate, caring and a hard worker then you could be a great fit for our team!
This role entails working with teenagers with challenging behaviour, and so we are looking for Support Workers who are not only motivated and committed, but who also have a calm approach and can react calmly in stressful situations and deal with difficult/challenging behaviours in a positive way.
This role is subject to candidates having the following:
- An Enhanced Child and Adult Workforce DBS
- In Date Trainings Certificates
- Proof of right to work within the U.K.
What the role entails:
You will be supporting residents on a day-to-day basis, encouraging a 'recovery' based perspective to care, including a holistic approach.
- Caring for residents experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness.
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress.
- Applying de-escalation techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour.
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals.
- Working 1-1 with the young people in order to build up a strong relationship with them
- Encouraging patients to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate.
- Organising social events aimed at developing patients social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation.
Quattro Healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference. Quattro Healthcare; exceptional care, exceptional people.
Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
Pay: £8.50ph - £9.50ph
At Quattro Healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time hours or block bookings.
Please contact the team on: (phone number removed) or the on-call mobile (phone number removed)!
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Quattro Group of Companies (Quattro Recruitment Ltd or Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. Quattro Group of companies is an Equal Opportunities Employer
GCB Agency Recruitment
GCB Agency Recruitment