Senior Software Engineer - Automation Tester
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Due to their continuing expansion, they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Senior SET who enjoys technical challenges and building mission critical systems. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of test principles and concepts and be able to use them to implement comprehensive and effective automated test suites.
You will be working within a multi- disciplined Scrum team and will be expected to take an active role in capturing and understanding product requirements, producing design documentation, coding and creating automated tests. You will work closely alongside the rest of the team to ensure the team meets its goals.
For high-achievers the role offers scope for promotion and progression within the Engineering Department.
* Designing and creating effective test suites to continue to enhance the quality of company data protection solutions
* Supporting all aspects of the development process by attending and contributing in planning, status and review meetings
* Working with other internal development teams to ensure successful product delivery
* Experience of successfully delivering complex commercial applications
* A solid understanding of test principals, concepts and techniques
* Demonstrable Object Oriented programming experience (Java preferred)
* Experience of developing BDD tests using the Cucumber (or similar) framework
* Experience of developing automated tests that are integrated in a CI/CD pipeline
* Ability to understand and analyse requirements and to ensure effective and repeatable test sets can be designed and constructed
* Ability to review and contribute to feature designs ensuring that they can be tested appropriately
* Ability to design and create effective physical and virtual test environments
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to report and monitor own progress against and that of other team members
* Complete understanding of the complete software development lifecycle
* Ability to coach other team members and review their work
* Experience of developing software within the Scrum framework
* Ability to take a lead role (Scrum Master, Project or Technical Lead)
* Self-motivated with a "can-do" attitude, and a passion for developing high quality, efficient software
* Proactive and enthusiastic quick learner with the ability to work as part of a team
* Committed individual focused on achieving the team's goals
* Innovative individual who enjoys exploring new technologies and techniques in addition to promoting new ideas
A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
If you are interested in this role, please apply at your earliest convenience
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Eximius Group Limited