Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
£21,000 - £26,000
About the role
Through the growth of my clients Engineering department, there is an excellent opportunity for a Test Engineer / Software Tester to join the Application Quality Management team.
Duties will include:
* Understanding, reviewing and writing test scripts & plans to support the deployment of products
* Provide risk assessment, approval and co-ordination of changes to the product
* Provide a flexible approach to testing whilst performing key functional, regression and manual testing as part of application development lifecycle.
* To be aware of the potential impact of new developments and to ensure a thorough understanding of product and risk assessment
* Having an excellent eye for detail and the ability to identify potential threats which may affect the functionality.
* The ability to give a decision that following rigorous testing the product is now ready to go live.
* Ability to contribute to continuous improvement forums.
The ideal applicant will have:
* Experience of relational databases, with experience of SQL Server
* Experience in using a defect tracking tool such as JIRA
* An ability to log defects in a clear, concise and informative manner
* Accomplished communication skills and an ability to converse with a variety of internal and external users both technical and non-technical
* Flexibility around working hours predominantly around release dates
* Able to work independently with minimal guidance and to drive forward innovations
* Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a variety of team structures (e.g. testing teams, agile teams)
* Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities to meet strict deadlines
* Knowledge of the ITIL framework
Beneficial / Advantageous skills:
* Experience of running and writing automated test scripts.
* Experience of .NET coding particularly C#
* ISTQB qualification