Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
Manchester based developer role offering a fantastic opportunity working for an innovative company looking to grow their team. The company work with high profile and interesting clients in both the private and public sector. The role has come from organic growth within the business. Knowledge of software development in a variety of language is not imperative, but the willingness to use the latest technologies desired for this role.
The company use technical assessments for individual clients, meaning developers will work in teams to assess, evaluate and plan the most efficient coding solution to best suit. Every new project is therefore greenfield and typical solutions run for between 6/18 months.
If you are competent in designing and building new solutions in either .Net, Java, Python or NodeJS, then this role could be perfect for you.
This company is a multi-award-winning Digital Consultancy practice based in the UK and overseas. They are in the list of Top 10 Most Innovative Companies and a won an award for Enterprise and Innovation winner. They are looking for the best and brightest technology professionals to join them and help deliver some of the most challenging digital transformation projects in the country.
As a Senior Developer you will:
* Help to deliver enterprise scale digital solutions for high-profile clients across a range of sectors.
* Work in an agile environment using Continuous Delivery tools and techniques.
* Develop using a broad range of languages, tools and technology that are at the leading edge.
* Help to coach and mentor the next ranks of developers.
* Be offered a diverse and fulfilling role with the ability to shape your own career path.
* Focusing on people and the needs of the clients
You should have experience:
* 'Full stack' development experience in one or more languages (Java, Python, Node, .NET etc).
* Software engineering best practices ('Gang of Four' design patterns, Domain Driven Design etc).
* Modern software development practices (e.g. agile, CI/CD, TDD, BDD etc).
* Continuous Delivery pipelines, tools and techniques (e.g. Jenkins, Docker etc).
* Cloud hosting platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, UKCloud etc).
Information you may want to know:
If you feel that you're a great fit for the job but don't yet have all the required skills, apply to for this company anyway. If you're the right person for them, have aptitude in those areas and the ambition to step up then the company will train you!
They 'walk the talk' about investing in people, developing the skills and confidence in their staff through their outstanding ACADEMY talent development programme. If you're keen to broaden your horizons even further, they offer global working experience via secondments or transfer to their overseas offices.
* Competitive salary
* Flexible benefits package
* 22 days holiday
* Pension scheme
* Bonus scheme
* Private health care
* Free onsite parking