Senior Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions, Americas
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Emphasys Computer Solutions Inc.
- Working closely with Aquila's CEO, the Senior Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions will lead the Americas M&A team, and have the following primary responsibilities:
- Strategy: Develop and manage Aquila's acquisitional growth strategy through the Americas. Collaborate with leadership teams of Aquila and its portfolio companies to create and advance expansion initiatives.
- Market Research and Financial Analysis: Constantly evaluate the vertical software market to identify prospect markets and companies throughout the Americas. Perform and lead market research, financial analysis, risk assessment and detailed valuation modeling. Prepare reports and presentations highlighting growth opportunities and risks. Perform ad-hoc analysis and special projects for senior management as needed.
- Acquisitions: Identify, qualify and nurture potential acquisition targets. Manage high-level client relationships across a portfolio of prospects. Excel in direct solicitation and persistent pipeline building. Create comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses, reports and presentations on target acquisitions. Lead the negotiation and due diligence efforts. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to manage post-acquisition and integration efforts.
- Program Oversight: Supporting the CEO, oversee the M&A strategy and processes across all of the M&A teams within Aquila and its portfolio of companies, including:
- Establish standardized reporting of performance metrics.
- Facilitate the sharing and documentation of Best Practices for managing the M&A process.
- Oversee the review of all acquisition proposals within Aquila's portfolio to ensure best practices, latest formats and approval processes are being followed.
- Team Building/Coaching: Recruit and mentor best-in-class M&A team to encourage collaboration, boost personal development and develop Aquila's future leaders. Review, challenge and support team's financial modeling skills.
- Professional Development: Attend relevant vertical market software conferences as well as internal M&A development conferences. Cultivate lifelong learning and curiosity in yourself and others.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline required. MBA degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development or venture capital firm. Experience in software is a plus.
- Mastery of Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint required. In-depth knowledge of financial modeling/analysis, corporate valuations, and due diligence.
- Excellent research, analytic, writing, presentation and project-management skills.
- The ideal candidate will be intelligent, driven and likeable with a demonstrated ability to develop a rapport with colleagues and clients.