Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Anonymous
We are looking for an individual with experience across SQL and being able to query databases using T-SQL. Good experience of working with Cognos or similar applications and experience of BI Reporting tools, preferably Tableau.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Data Analyst will have responsibility for:
* Implementing the companies Data Strategy
* Achieving data integrity across all channels and teams
* Ensuring data quality issues are addressed at source and work with relevant business owners to drive through necessary actions.
* Bridging the gap between the business users and the 3rd party solution providers to deliver the best solution for the business
* Interpreting business data requirements and be able to articulate to all levels of the business
* Developing a solid understanding of how the processes within the Companies brands are linked from a data perspective
* Advising on data performance improvements in line with the Data and Business Strategies
* Maintaining & developing the Companies suite of insight and performance reports to give the business visibility of business performance and what needs to be included in any resulting improvements
* Maintaining all data related documentation including the Business Data Dictionary
* Experience working as a Data Analyst
* Strong knowledge of the tools, technologies, skills and processes required to deliver a best in class data quality capability
* Good SQL skills including being able to query databases using T-SQL
* Good experience of working with Cognos or similar applications
* Experience of BI Reporting tools, preferably Tableau
* Strong analytical and problem-solving experience of working with data
* Understanding of design and development of data stores, digital solutions and data warehouses and associated toolsets.
* Knowledge of Data and information management lifecycles
* Knowledge and use of data quality toolsets, methodologies and process
* Strong problem-solving ethic, root cause analysis and resolution management
* A broad understanding of the applications of data from reporting through to data science and insight
* Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
* Strong documentation skills
* Experience in a similar Data Analyst role in the hospitality or retail sectors advantageous
* Experience of working with business users to determine requirements and translate to best in class solutions
* Experience in defining and refining system and business process
* Management of 3rd party solution providers
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We've worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won't rest until everyone is happy.
We are an equal opportunity provider