Data Centre Infrastructure Manager
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Anonymous
Host of benefits on Offer -
Free Breakfast Monday - Friday , Early finish on a Friday at 5pm, Complimentary half day A/L on your birthday, Discounts and offers from hundreds of top high street and online retail brands, Holiday Pay & Sick Pay - both increased with length of service, Flexi time - up to 10hours of leave early / start latest. not deducted from your holiday entitlement, Flexi hours available on a adhoc basis working 7.30-4.30/ 8-5/ 8.30-5.30 or 9-6, Health Cash Plan, Life Cover, Group Pension, Dress down Fridays, Contribution towards various training courses as part of your ongoing training and development, Christmas shut down - meaning you get every Christmas off, Regular fun days and activities including family BBQs , Up to £40 per month contributed towards wellness for example gym membership
This is a great opportunity to step into this award-winning company. Apply now.
Duties and responsibilities:
This role would suit a highly competent individual with strong communication and technical skills to undertake the following duties
* Strategically develop and administer the Cloud Infrastructure and services.
* Ensure the Security and Integrity of the Cloud Infrastructure
* Capacity Planning and Management.
* Provide support to the necessary departments within the Technical Services Team on delivering Customer Projects
* Provide guidance and leadership on complex technical projects and deliveries.
* Oversight of Networks, Infrastructure and Service Delivery Teams helping steer where needed strategically.
* Deliver complex work that needs to take place overnight to relieve pressure on current engineering commitments for late changes.
* Leads the process to evaluate and select new technologies
* Work closely with the Head of Networks and Infrastructure and support with escalations
* Leads the process to establish technology standards across the business and for customers where applicable
* Researches topics related to current and emerging technology for Cloud, Network and Solutions
* Continually review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
* Performing root cause analysis to increase system availability, submitting requests for change as required to resolve system issues.
* Approve major changes on Network and Cloud
* Communicating experience and knowledge to other members of IT to improve support capabilities
* Shaping Incident response policies and managing recovery for major outages or infrastructure events.
* Provide non time-critical consultancy on complex technical issues/customer needs.
* Solution Architecture for Infrastructure/Vmware platforms and Advanced Windows solutions where required
* Manage IT lifecycle in datacentres.
* BAU Product support, both technically and commercially to sales teams
* Ensure specialist delivery and infrastructure engineers deliver proactive and preventative maintenance to all internal and external infrastructure.
* Manage the Infrastructure Engineers under your remit to carry out tasks and deliver services, fixes and upgrades on time
* Design and development of infrastructure changes and processes
Personal Qualifications and experience:
* VMware's vSphere Platform. In particular vSphere 6.5
* Companion and Extension services on the vSphere Environment, such as Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vRealize Operations (vROPS), VMware NSX
* EMC Storage Stack and the additional features/services that can be attached to it
* In-depth knowledge of administering and supporting VMware vSphere environments, including upgrades, patching and developing
* Administering and supporting Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, and NTFS security
* Administering and supporting Microsoft Windows Server
* Administering IT Infrastructure products and tools such as Symantec, Acronis
* Experience in working at Tier 3 level within an Enterprise Windows Environment
* Related experience, certifications or 2:2 degree/ at least 3 A Levels / good GCSEs results (A-C)
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner; Able to listen, ask the right questions, and present solutions to the clients
* Excellent time management, able to meet tight timeline and under pressure
* Knowledgeable and eager to learn more on technology and industrial knowledge
* High working standard and self-driven; Able to work effectively to meet expectations
* Work independently as well as a good team player
* Passionate to get up-to-date knowledge on technology
Are you up for this challenge? Don't miss the chance to get into this highly accredited company.
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We've worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won't rest until everyone is happy.
We are an equal opportunity provider