Senior Technical Lead
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client is an ambitious and rapidly growing innovations business with a reputation for driving business growth and value, solving complex challenges, developing products and accelerating advances is technology and service.
What is the purpose of the role?
We're seeking a flexible, proactive, multitasking and innovation-obsessed Senior Technical Lead / Software Developer with keen interest in AI/ML.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a dedicated can-do attitude, is customer focused, and able to handle multiple tasks with demanding work load. We love people who use their initiative and work within a team to achieve results.
The individual in this role must understand business priorities and demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs of the leadership team. This role requires attention to detail, great organisational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple, critical requests and show flexibility and the ability to change direction at a moment's notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with executives inside and outside of the company is critical.
What will you do?
* Ability to think and plan ahead and manage time effectively.
* Provide technical leadership to our technical team of Engineers.
* Work both autonomously and in constant collaboration with teammates, colleagues, and external contacts.
* Collaborate with our Clients to understand their business problems and technical requirements.
* Develop Software Architecture and System Architecture to meet the business objectives.
* Establish End to End Technology Delivery Process and optimise continuously.
* Provide High-level and detailed estimations for project planning.
* Implement best practices for Software development.
* Perform regular Code Reviews.
* Write technical reports and promote new ideas.
* Agile & Lean Start-up principles.
What skills and experience will you have?
* 3+ years' experience of software development with interest in image processing, AI and machine learning.
* Minimum Bachelors degree in a related discipline. Masters or Ph.D preferred.
* Experience of working in funded, collaborative projects (funded by FP7, H2020, Innovate UK, EPSRC, etc) is preferred.
* Clear evidence of innovative approaches to technology development.
* Understanding of modern technologies, especially within AI/ML space.
* Strong organisation skills with an ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to work a varied schedule based on the needs of the people or team you support.
* Ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines.
* Ability to challenge the leadership team and motivate the junior members to outperform their bests.
* Strong written, verbal, teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
What will you get in return?
* £35,000-£45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
* 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
* Workplace pension scheme
Secure Trust Bank Ltd
Secure Trust Bank Ltd
Solihull College & University Centre