Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
This is an exciting opportunity to join a niche Data Analytics business based in Newcastle city centre and as a Data Scientist. Our client work with cutting edge technologies such as Artificial Neural Networks, Data Mining & Big Data and Computer Vision, to name a few. You will be given access to an online learning portal and will become part of a team who hold research and development at the forefront of their approach.
If you want to be part of a growing organisation who have big plans for future technological development and if you have a strong skills with SQL server, R and Python and also a strong understanding of image processing, then this will be perfect for you.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
You will work in a small, yet growing team of developers working with computer vision, artificial intelligence, real-time high-volume data analysis and statistical modelling technologies. Other responsibilities involve the following:
- Maintain current applications and software systems which are programmed in SQL Server and Python.
- Understand the significance of data via visualisation tools such as R, Tableau and Spotfire.
- Analyse data to identify patterns and trends.
- Clean and validate data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity.
- Identify data-analytical problems which can offer the greatest opportunities for the business.
- Suggest improvements to companys applications by applying machine learning techniques.
- Communicate with project manager to update systems accordingly in line with client requirements.
- Propose potential opportunities for improvement to management team.
- Work efficiently as part of a team but also feel confident working off own initiative.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Strong experience working as a Data Scientist or in a similar capacity.
- A solid academic background in a relevant field.
- Strong understanding of image processing.
- You will hold previous experience with technologies such as R, Python & SQL Server.
- Strong experience in gathering and analysing data.
- Proven experience in applying machine learning techniques to produce actionable insights.
- Experience using visualisation tools such as R, Tableau and Spotfire.
- You will have an understanding and/or experience with the following technologies would be highly beneficial: - - Cloud technologies such as AWS
- - Hadoop
- - Graph analytics using tools such as Neo4J
- - Rapid Miner
- - Spark
- - Splunk
- You will possess a logical, organised and analytical approach.
- A strong desire to progress and develop skills is essential.
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- High attention to detail and a logical mentality.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
You will be working in a team of 4-6 developers working day shift in Newcastle City Centre.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This role is paying a highly competitive salary of up to £45,000 depending upon experience. You will receive a competitive pension, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and also access to an online learning portal.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please get in touch with Katherine Rivett to find out more details for this role, she can be contacted on (phone number removed) or at (Email Removed)
Jackson Hogg Limited