Service Co-ordinator (Part Time, Contract)
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Anonymous
Royal Victoria Hospital, Dundee
£8.70 per hour
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a Service Co-ordinator to join us on a part time basis for a contract lasting until the 31st May 2019.
If you've got experience of working with volunteers and the organisation skills to make a difference, this is the ideal role in which to do more, help people and oversee some incredible services that are making a huge difference to older people in hospital.
You'll discover that the Royal Voluntary Service makes a difference every day and supports those who need us the most. Utilising the generous gift of time that our volunteers donate, we strive to improve the lives of older people and particularly those in hospital or just returning home.
As a Service Co-ordinator, you will have responsibility for co-ordinating a team of volunteers, delivering the 'Supporting Your Recovery' and 'On ward' services at Royal Victoria Hospital in Dundee.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will:
- Co-ordinate the services to meet KPI and contractual agreements
- Support the Service Manager to match volunteers to specific services that match their skill-sets
- Complete regular evaluations and reporting to support funding
- Help to arrange volunteers, safeguarding, enquiries and promotion of the service
- Assist with the recruitment, induction, development and day-to-day management of volunteers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local contacts within the hospital and trust
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of working with volunteers and supporting and motivating them on a daily basis
- Knowledge and understanding of volunteers and voluntary services
- Experience of handling personal information and the legal requirements of this
Self-motivated and resourceful, as the Service Co-ordinator, you'll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A great eye for detail, a positive attitude and superb time-management abilities are also key.
Knowledge and experience of general administrative processes and duties would be beneficial, as would experience of maintaining databases. GCSE Maths and English at grades A-C would also be advantageous, as would proficiency with standard IT systems.
A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle or other suitable transport would be equally favourable.
This is a part time role, working 21 hours per week across Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
The closing date for applications is the 16th January 2019 with interview scheduled for the 28th January 2019 at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Dundee.
To apply for the role of Service Co-ordinator, please apply via the button.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Service Co-ordinator, Charity Service Co-ordinator, Community Support Co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Hospital Services Co-ordinator, Ward Support Assistant, Charity
HOME Fundraising Ltd
HOME Fundraising Ltd