International Engineering Project Manager
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Minstrell Recruitment Ltd
What they can offer you?
* Negotiable salary.
* Excellent benefits.
* A career within automation one of the number one growth industries in the world.
* Career progression opportunities.
* Exposure to cutting edge technology.
Permanent Benefits Include:
Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Free Company Shares, Income Protection, Childcare Support, Various Associate Offers and a lot more.
I am currently looking to recruit an Internation Project Manager to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
My client is a world leading innovator in online shopping with a pioneering business model in which they are planning expansion into the global market. Developing their own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join them. The expansion into the international market will push them to be even better as they demonstrate what they can do on a global scale.
I am looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Project Manager with to join the automation engineering team. You will project manage the technical realisation of our automation solutions overseas. Managing resources and deliverables from multiple teams across engineering.
This is a global role from a UK base and will involve a considerable amount of time overseas.
Role & Responsibilities
* Automation engineering lead on overseas projects
* Close working with internal stakeholders (e.g. Engineering Operations, Business Project Managers, Engineering Supply Chain) and external stakeholders to ensure a successful delivery of project and handover to Go-Live.
* Communication across teams and to project stakeholders ensuring expectations are managed.
* Coordination and management of locally contracted MHE and Enabling works suppliers
* Ensuring programmes stay on plan, budget and meet specification
* Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
* Leadership & management of a group of Engineering Project Managers, Project Engineers and others as appropriate
* Maintain the companies engineering standards
* Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget; negotiation on costs; contractual arrangements, management of variations, working closely with procurement, finance and admin colleagues.
* Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
* Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
* Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
What am I looking for?
A "can do" and "in this together" attitude and approach to work
Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
Be able to perform unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a team, typically with geographical isolation from other engineering colleagues
Comfortable and experienced in a dynamic, fast paced environment, FMCG / Manufacturing
Managed large teams
Commercially aware and consider commercial impacts on decisions and proposals
Previously managed large budgets in excess of £5m
Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
Demonstrable competence in effective management and leadership of a team, experience of delivering through people
Engineering qualification, to at least HND or Degree level
Excellent technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
Experienced in international working
Persuasive and influential, able to get results from matrix resources
Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ideally MS Project
This is an international role and as such extensive travel and time oversees is to be expected, of course you will need to be able to travel freely throughout the world.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV or please give me a call for a confidential chat on (phone number removed).
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful
Minstrell Recruitment Ltd