Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Minstrell Recruitment Ltd
What can they offer you?
* Excellent salary (negotiable)
* Excellent benefits.
* A career within automation one of the number one growth industries in the world.
* Career progression opportunities.
* Exposure to cutting edge technology.
Permanent Benefits Include:
Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Free Company Shares, Income Protection, Childcare Support, Various Associate Offers and a lot more.
I am currently looking to recruit a Product Engineer to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
This role will provide centralised technical expertise and focus for assigned Automation Product(s). Plan, coordinate and manage the realisation of assigned products. Manage engineering changes and improvements for assigned products.
Role & Responsibilities
* Be the central automation engineering product specialist for key automation engineering products, developing and maintaining your detailed product knowledge
* Configuration and application engineering of automation product(s) destined for our new Automated Distribution Warehouses
* Identify and coordinate engineering change requests and product improvements
* Maintain and communicate product technical documentation
* Provide technical product support, especially during design, installation & commissioning phases.
* Support the planning and programme of new installations and upgrades
* Support engineering supply chain with any related technical issues, including acceptance testing
* Work closely with our development department to receive new products and developments, being engaged during development and NPI phases
* Liaise and work with technical resource e.g. product development, both internal and external consultants as required to deliver and validate solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Ability to multitask and manage / prioritise a complex diary with multiple simultaneous activities
* Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
* Be able to perform independently and as part of a team
* Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
* Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
* Communication of technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Deliver projects on time and within approved budgets
* Demonstrate a balanced and considered approach to problem resolution
* Experience of projects and products in highly automated environments
* Good technical competence relating to automation and general engineering
* Innovative in thought, able to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with barriers
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ideally MS Project
* Project management skills (including planning, risk management and reporting)
* Relevant technical qualification, to HND or Degree level
·The ability to deliver projects on time and within approved budget
·The ability to multitask and manage/reprioritise a complex diary and multiple projects
·Demonstrate a balanced and considered approach to problem resolution
·Communicate requirements and facilitate compromises where appropriate based on appreciation or analysis of any business/technical project tensions in play
·The ability to draw a workable solution from diverse teams, which is acceptable to all impacted parties (e.g. Vendors, Operation, Engineering Ops)
·Be able to perform independently and as part of a team
·Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV or please call me for a confidential chat on (phone number removed).
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful
Minstrell Recruitment Ltd