Structural Design Engineer
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Minstrell Recruitment Ltd
What they can offer you?
* Excellent salary (Negotiable)
* Excellent benefits.
* A career within automation one of the number one growth industries in the world.
* Career progression opportunities.
* Exposure to cutting edge technology.
Permanent Benefits Include:
Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Enhanced Pension Scheme, Free Company Shares, Income Protection, Childcare Support, Various Associate Offers and a lot more.
I am currently looking to recruit a Structual Design Engineer to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
The Structural Design Engineer role is responsible for the design of complex engineering structures and the components that they are composed of. This entails calculations, simulations and modelling through to the creation of part drawings, specifications and installation information.
* A good Bachelor or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
* Sound technical background in designing for components with cyclical loading and with high durability;
* Competence in LS Dyna or other dynamic simulation software;
* A proven track record in designing complex structures that have gone into production;
* Experience in 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks and PDM software;
* Experience of designing to BS8888 with the use of GD&T;
* The ability to work within a team on multiple projects, to prioritise tasks and to manage own time;
* Familiar with building and safety standards;
* Proficient in understanding and dealing with the effects of manufacturing tolerances;
* Able to identify and mitigate risk via calculations, modelling, simulation etc;
* Experience of delivering work packages to time and budget constraints.
Generating concepts and developing structural designs using 3D CAD modelling;
Performing calculations of loads and stresses;
Using simulation software for single physics static and dynamic scenario analysis;
Selecting construction material taking into consideration cost and availability;
Drafting inputs to technical specifications including functional design specifications, and creating 2D drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials;
Managing technical risk, ensuring significant risks are reported and mitigated;
Solving engineering problems in a structured and methodical manner using data to make decisions. Documenting and publishing calculations, methods and reasons for decisions;
Traveling to other company sites and to suppliers to present work, collaborate on projects and seek advice;
Preparing and presenting concepts and designs at reviews;
Liaising with other departments and sites;
Supporting the transition of designs into manufacture;
Ensuring design files and records are kept up to date;
Following departmental processes at all stages of development;
Carrying out design change requests and associated administration in a timely manner;
Reporting progress of all assigned tasks;
Keeping up to date with the latest manufacturing techniques and material developments.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV or please call me for a confidential chat on (phone number removed).
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful