Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Amey plc
To take a lead using SynerGEE hydraulic models to produce contingency plans and outline design works. To be a member of the team delivering detailed design of hydraulic networks.
What makes this role unique?
Work within a team of Engineers / Modellers on a design and build framework (AMP6) - to drive efficiencies through the design process to improve Amey's performance.
You will implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
What will this role involve?
* Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
* Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
* Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
* Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
* Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
* Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
* Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
What are we looking for?
* Hydraulic Modeller with experience of building / operating models
* Computer literate and conversant with SynerGEE, AuteCAD, MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
* Demonstrable experience in the water sector
* Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer
Rise Technical Recruitment
Proactive Technical Recruitment Ltd