Health & Safety Manager
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Syntech Recruitment Ltd
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Industry leading pension
Reporting to the VP of operations the job holder will provide hands on leadership and program management to realise high standards of H&S performance throughout business and to ensure that effective systems, processes and training programmes are introduced to support this objective. In addition, be responsible for the compliance to and management of the ISO14001 Environment standard.
* Management and administration of the Businesses Health & Safety Management System to ensure compliance with legal and related requirements
* Manages and develops the H&S internal services and ensures appropriate communication flow to all management levels and employees as appropriate.
* Co-ordinates the development, implementation and monitoring of H&S policies, procedures and strategies.
* Co-ordinates external H&S consultants to ensure provision of services to meet the businesses expectations
* Researches H&S best practise and continually develops meaningful standards
* Liaises with H&S representatives, employees and other stakeholders to assist in identifying, developing and implementing continuous improvement of H&S standards
* Monitors, evaluates and reports to management on H&S performance, developing and monitoring appropriate KPIs and deploying local action logs.
* Undertakes investigations with respect to work related hazards, accidents, illnesses and injuries as requested
* Promotes H&S standards within the business
The post holder shall also fulfil the Role of Radiation Protection Supervisor, and act as Deputy Management Representative for ISO14001:2015 requirements.
Experience, Knowledge and skills
* A strong working knowledge of H&S management and development in a manufacturing/engineering environment
* Demonstrable experience in the implementation and evaluation of management systems and policies relevant to H&S legislation, codes of practice and standards in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
* Knowledge and experience of HS&E management gained by 5 years in a similar position
* Current knowledge of H&S legislation and relevant topical issues in manufacturing
* Good knowledge of computer systems with developed abilities in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* A relevant Degree or an equivalent qualification is desirable, plus NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
Corporate Membership of IOSH or the qualifications and experience to apply for Chartered Membership and ideally, Associate Membership of IEMA or related environmental experience
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.