Senior Engine Builder
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by SVC Group
To carry out the build of new diesel engines and the complete overhaul of
various diesel engines and components
• Preferably a knowledge of large industrial diesel engines and components,
both overhaul and new build
• Apprentice trained in mechanical engineering
• Experience of working in a workshop / production environment
• Good practical skills
• Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Carry out strip and re assembly of engines and components
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn new processes including strip, overhaul,
build and the test of components and complete systems
• Logical approach to fault finding and corrective actions
• Assist in producing and reviewing Risk Assessments as and when required.
• Carry out any fitment work that will support the overhaul facility and
processes as requested by management.
• Able to work using own initiative and also as part of a team
• Undertake any special investigations and projects as required
• Embrace and actively work within any "Continuous Improvement" activity
• Be willing to support offsite working within the UK and abroad.
• Be willing to support the engine test area if required.
Experience & Skills
• Seasoned engineer with at least 5 years of related experience, preferably
in the heavy equipment manufacturing / machines
• Demonstrated application engineering approach
• Understand and gain knowledge about Engineering products, equipment, customer base and applicable processes
• Time served Apprenticeship or comparable vocational education with longtime work experience