Senior Highway Engineer
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Randstad CPE
Your style and approach will reflect our values: you will be passionate about what you do always striving to improve things; valuing and respecting others' contribution, you will work together to deliver a better service; you will take pride in always getting things right first time and learn from when things do go wrong; you will enjoy taking personal responsibility to resolve issues and change what you do and how you do it to make a difference.
You will have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of highway design;
* possess a Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council; OR
* possess a Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering or a related subject.
* You will possess or be working towards IEng / CEng with the ICE or a relevant body.
About the role
* You will manage and undertake the feasibility studies, conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, procurement and supervision of the construction of a range of civil engineering and highway projects
* You will have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Possess an extensive working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
* You will be required to liaise with Clients, Stakeholders, and the public on projects.
* You will be able to demonstrate recent experience in the following:
* The ability to deal appropriately and effectively with external organisations, statutory bodies and clients
* Manage and undertake feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options;
* Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
* To demonstrate initiative and ingenuity in solving engineering problems;
* To demonstrate excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level.
* Extensive experience in the use of AutoCAD software in the preparation of designs and drawings, preferably including a 3D environment.
If you are interested in the above position and feel you'd be able to add value to the engineering team please apply below or alternatively , please contact Dylan Schafer on (phone number removed)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
Hays Construction and Property
Hays Construction and Property