Test & Development Engineer
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by RHL
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client is a world leading manufacturer of tracked and wheeled excavators ranging from 7 to 46 tonnes.
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Test & Development Engineer
Number required: 2
Overview of the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Test and Development Engineer to join the Engineering team for Heavy line Tracked Excavators.
Job Status: Permanent
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree / HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or have equivalent experience.
* Experience in the design/development of off highway vehicles.
* Good working knowledge of drivetrain, hydraulics and electrical/electronic systems.
* Enthusiastic attitude, coupled with a sense of urgency and desire to succeed.
* Good teamwork and communication skills.
* Reporting to the Test and Development Manager, the successful candidate will join a highly focused, passionate team, working on exciting new programmes to both maintain and further extend our client's Heavy line Excavator range of machines; your main duties would include:
* Test and development of new and current product designs.
* Problem analysis and proposal of design solutions.
* Analysis, reporting and presentation of test results.
* Design, commissioning and operation of test rigs.
* Liaise with internal/external customers/departments, as required during projects.
* Assume responsibility for smaller projects/machine areas, dependant on experience.
Salary/Rate: £35000 - £45000
Genesis Technical Recruitment Ltd