Senior Engine Component Engineer/Systems Engineer - Mechanical
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by RHL
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Position: Senior Engine Component Engineer / Systems Engineer - Mechanical
Job Status: Permanent
Job Description: We are seeking a Senior Engine Component / Systems Engineer for our award winning client. The post will suit individuals looking for opportunities to develop their career within a fast paced organisation at the cutting edge of engine design and development.
The Role: Deliver engine systems/components from concept to delivery - from specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off.
Qualifications & Experience:
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
* Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
* Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools).
* Ideally, have experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier.
* Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness.
* Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
* Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels.
* Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites.
* You will be responsible for taking new engine systems and components from concept to flawless launch, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
* Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) - using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
* Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
* Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine).
* Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies.
* Support programme gateways and reviews.
* Provide clear communication and support to all customers, engineering teams and suppliers:
* Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams.
* Monitor and report status to relevant parties.
* Highlight issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
* Supplier management:
* Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly.
* Manage suppliers via the APQP process.
* Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements.
* Communicate lessons learned, propose design guide/process updates.
Basic Hours: 39 hours per week
Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 17.00, finish at 13.00 on Fridays
Salary/Rate: £30000 - £50000 depending upon experience
Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages.
Support for continuous career development.
Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas.
Discounted health and dental care schemes.
Fitness centre and sports facilities.
Excellent and easy access to regional transport links.
Company Lift Share and Cycle to Work programmes