Senior Homologation Engineer
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by RHL
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Position: Senior Homologation Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
Overview of the Role:
To meet the latest emissions legislation, our client will be releasing multiple new designs of engine families into the market. This role will primarily be focused on leading the type-approval of these engines, ensuring that not only are the legislative requirements met but also that the company remains competitive, compliant and informed. The role is diverse in nature and involves working with all business functions during day-to-day operations.
Qualifications & Experience:
• The role is UK-based and requires occasional travel, both within the UK, and overseas.
• Ideally the successful candidate will be a degree/HNC educated Engineer with a proven track record in homologation disciplines gained preferably in the engine related industry but vehicle homologation experience would be considered.
• A good knowledge of type-approval processes is a pre-requisite.
• A solid technical background, extensive experience within product development and a good working knowledge of diesel engines and engine related regulations would be highly advantageous.
• The successful applicant will be a well organised team-player, capable of communicating and defending positions at all levels within the business and across disciplines.
• The candidate will approach work critically and thoroughly with confidence in their determinations.
• Beyond these requirements we are looking for someone with a flexible, hands-on approach and with a drive to support the timely delivery of market leading, compliant products.
• Develop, maintain and track type-approval documentation engine programmes.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of engine regulations, regulatory updates and trends.
• Transfer of knowledge of legislative requirements to the engineering and business teams.
• Develop processes to support ongoing compliance requirements.
• Liaise with governments and type-approval authorities for engine certification.
• Coordination of type-approval as projects demand.
Basic Hours: 39 hours per week :
Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 17.00, finish at 13.00 on Fridays
Salary/Rate: Please contact Tim Bees on (phone number removed) for further information
• Company Pension Scheme
• Medical Insurance and Dental Care Schemes
• Access to the company's healthy living centre
• 33 days annual leave