Senior Innovation Technology Engineer
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Workshop Recruitment
This role involves the development, validation and implementation of technologies at a systems level in line with Innovation and NPD (New Product Development) programs. The role will be responsible for developing technology across a vast range of products. Experience in new technology and systems engineering is key to this role.
* The development and integration of new and existing technologies, and inventive engineering solutions into current and future product categories
* Apply systems level engineering/thinking across current and future product ranges to define and develop future technology development activities across whole product ranges.
* Support the Innovation Manager and wider technical function to define future technology systems requirements.
* Manage an on-going roadmap of new and existing technologies and technology implementation timescales alongside other teams.
* Identify, develop, test and validate relevant new and existing electro mechanical technologies.
* Deliver technology projects into production as needed; provide support for research and development teams during NPD project execution phase.
* Support innovation team projects by acting as a bridge between innovative future concepts and the realities of feasibility, cost and production
* Manage own workload to meet key objectives set by management team.
* Preparing and presenting information, ideas and data at a senior management level
* Arranging and chairing relevant meetings, minute taking and circulation.
* Developing Prototypes including design, manufacture and testing.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* History of technology development or adaptation across different product categories
* Applicable Degree and / or HNC (Higher National Certificate), HND (Higher National Diploma) in a technology field such as Engineering, Physics or equivalent
* Experience in an applicable technology development role (preferably Electromechanical products, motors, motor control or transmissions).
* Systems level engineering experience, managing technology implementation across different product categories.
* Proven ability to take technology and apply to real world products
* Excellent interpersonal skills, ready to engage pro-actively across the organisation and with external partners
* Good communication and leadership skills
* Competent in use of 2D and 3D design software.
* Competent in use of applicable design technology such as rapid prototyping machines, specialised test equipment, etc
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Blueprint Recruitment Solutions