Special Projects Engineer
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Impact Recruitment Services
Do you have extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Shift: Dayshift (Monday to Friday)
Benefits: Pension, pension, and up to 26 days holiday + BH!
What are we looking for in a Special Projects Engineer?
The ideal candidate will be to provide proactive, effective and efficident design engineering, test requirements and documentation throughout the operations team. From the initial enquiring right through to shipment, the role will involve projects for industries such as oil and gas or food and beverage.
* Educated to HNC or higher (ideally degree in Mechanical Engineer)
* Hands on design and engineering experience
* Experience on EPC projects or Oil and Gas industry.
* Demostrable experience designing to manufacturing whilst supporting production.
* A thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and standards.
What can you expect as a Special Projects Engineer?
* Liaise with suppliers for price and delivery of components to the required specifications as required
* Processing customer enquiries for non-pricelist items for mechanical, electrical, documentation and testing requirements
* To ascertain all project requirements, both technical and general, standard and non-price book.
* Ensure the quotation provided and now ordered has not been "compromised" by the customer order.
* Collate or generate drawings and documentation as required to deliver the project.
* Support the project technically during the production phase
* Support the sales organisation with customer technical clarifications of the project
* To identify project risks and plan appropriate contingencies.
If this sounds like you, please do get in touch TODAY on (phone number removed), we'd love to hear from you