CAE Optimisation Specialist (x2) - Automotive
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Premea
Our client who is Midlands based engineering Tier 1 consultancy is looking for (x2) Automotive CAE Optimisation Specialists to support new Automotive development projects.
Experienced CAE Analysts with automotive optimisation and engineering background are required to support a new body project working on light weight common architecture development. Ideally with a degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering, you'll have a solid understanding of engineering principles and automotive load cases (Crash/Durability/NVH). An excellent working knowledge of the following CAE software is vital - Nastran OR Optistruct, LS-Dyna or Radioss, HyperWorks for pre/post processing. Candidates should have broad experience with the design and development of automotive architecture including concept generation and load path development. The ability to run optimisation analysis in support of concept development (load path generation) is required for this role. Demonstrable experience of optimisation techniques including Topology, Size, Shape, DOE design of experiments and/or stochastic
methods. Experience of working with lightweight body structures including aluminium castings, pressings and extrusions would be of benefit.
The engineer will have the following:
- Automotive engineering background and 3-5 years experience running optimisation analysis;
- Excellent knowledge of CAE software Nastran OR Optistruct, LS-Dyna or Radioss;
- HyperWorks experience for pre/post processing;
- Optimisation experience in the support of Crash/Durability/NVH analysis;
- OEM or engineering consulting background;
- Experience of working within a team of CAE Engineers;
- Understanding and appreciation of a variety of manufacturing processes - aluminium castings, forgings, extrusions etc.;
- Self-motivated with the ability to take ownership and deliver on CAE targets;
- Committed, flexible and able to work under pressure as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills for vehicle cross-functional discussions and CAE delivery.
- Degree Educated demonstrating automotive CAE experience/training.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have either a UK or EU passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.
Premea is a specialist recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors