Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by BMR Solutions
Job Title: Inspector - Aerospace
Reporting To: Chief Inspector
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Contract Type: Temporary to Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per Week
My Client is a well-established Bristol based manufacturing firm which produces high quality, sheet metal & precision engineered products predominantly for the Aerospace industry.
Reporting to the Chief Inspector, the successful candidate will be part of a 4 strong QA team, with a focus on inspection of aerospace sheet metal & machined parts while assisting with other day-to-day duties within the department.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Read & interpret engineering drawings
2.Inspection of parts using manual equipment such as micrometers, height gauges etc plus use of manual CMM may be required.
3.General QA activities such as goods inwards receipt inspection and raw material control.
4.Liaising with the Engineering Manager and the Production Planner to ensure work going through the department is completed in a timely and efficient manner to meet both customer & company targets.
5.Non-conformance investigations and reporting
The ideal person will have;
1. Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
2. Experience of working to AS9100Rev:D / ISO 9001:2015 QMS procedures.
3. A comprehensive knowledge of engineering processes (precision machining, sheet metalwork, presswork, fabrication & welding) from inspection perspective.
4. Experience with completion of production verification activities F.A.I.R (not essential)
5. Good communication skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team and on own initiative as my client requires a reliable and committed worker.
6. Use of Microsoft office software.
Rate: £11.50 to £13.50 / Hr. + Bonus & O/T dependent on capability & experience
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week between the following times; Mon to Thurs = 7.15 to 16.00, Fri = 7.15 to 12.00.
Full Time Position, overtime may be required as the job demands which is paid at the following rates; 1.33 x hourly rate for first 4 hours, 1.5 x hourly rate for any overtime worked after the first 4 hours.
Holidays: 20 days holiday pay + statutory days (pro-rata based on a 37.5 hour working week).
Bonus: Sales Bonus which normally ranges between £20 to £45/week (eligible after probationary period)
Probationary Period: 3 Months