Service Manager (Inspection / Operations)
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by IMES International
Key responsibilities include;
* Managing the continued growth of the Rosyth and surrounding region, in line with agreed targets
* Managing the Rosyth P&L by delivering/exceeding agreed budget, gross margins and contribution targets
* Manage performance and delivery in line with Key Performance Indicators for key contracts.
* Report Business Plan activities as required, to the management team.
* Competent person in the field of Lifting and Handling equipment and thorough examination.
* Provide technical advice and knowledge of rigging services and non-destructive testing
* Compile and verify inspection/test procedures. Produce written schemes of examinations
* Maintain a thorough understanding of legal and regulatory requirements, provide safety information and recommend compliance procedures.
* Key contribution to the safety culture implementation and proactive management of safety performance.
* Carry out competence assessments and updates of service team members
* Review and quality check written Inspection and Test reports.
Key skills / Experience;
* Business management experience and knowledge of P&L in service provider role
* Minimum 3 years' experience in lifting and handling equipment and a "regulated" industry
* Knowledge of relevant legislation
* Background in resource management
* A thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of the skills and expertise, including non-destructive testing techniques, rigging services and lifting equipment inspection and testing
* Knowledge of contracts, commercial and finance processes
* Appreciation and experience of relevant regulations, ie Health & Safety at Work Act, LOLER, PUWER.
* Engineering apprenticeship/equivalent