Home Care (Domiciliary) Manager
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
Rising to £35,000 gross per annum plus bonus when achieve Registered Manager status.
Location: Shoreditch EC2. Operating within the M25
Start Date: December / January 2018
Hours: Full-time, core hours 8.30am to 5.30pm
Since 2001, Snap Care have been a leading introductory agency in the UK, recruiting high calibre support workers for children, young people and adults with disabilities or additional needs. Snap is expanding and will be adding a new division to also act as a Home Care Service Provider.
We have a new opportunity for a Home Care (Domiciliary) Manager to help us set up, establish and run this division which will operated within the M25. Based in Shoreditch, this opportunity is for a healthcare enthusiast who is seeking their next step in their career and has the ambition to become a Registered Care Manager.
The successful candidate will provide strong, strategic management to the company and lead a team dedicated to supporting clients to maintain their independence and to achieving their aspirations and goals. You will play a key role in the registration process, reporting to the Managing Director and you will need to be as passionate about the standards of care as we are.
Applicants for this role must:
* Be passionate about delivering high standards of person-centred care
* Have experience supporting children, young people and / or adults with disabilities
* Have worked in an organisation that has been through the CQC registration process
* Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management or NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care with willingness to work towards Level 5 (if not already held)
* Have strong management and leadership skills with responsibility to manage and prioritise own workload
* A driver, ideally with their own car
* Minimum of 3 years' experience working within homecare/ Domiciliary
* Minimum of 1 years' experience working in a management role within homecare
* Experience working with rostering software and care plans
* Experience working in various roles within homecare such as Care Assistant, Support Worker, Coordinator, Field Care Supervisor, Team Leader, On-call support, HR etc.
* Excellent up-to-date CQC Knowledge (standards and practices)
* Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
* Strong organisational/planning skills
* Understanding of safeguarding compliance and following company policy & procedure
* Proven ability in recruitment of new staff and meeting training, CPD and supervision regulations
* Responsible for care plans, risk assessments and complying with regulatory reviews and feedback for people using the service and remaining safe in their own homes
Honest and trust worthy; Respectful and assertive; flexible and reliable; demonstrate sound work ethics; multi-tasker with initiative, integrity and energy; excellent interpersonal skills; clear decision making and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and a high level of accuracy; effective verbal and listening communication skills.
If you would like to join us at this exciting time and help us establish our brand-new division, please send your CV and a short supporting statement now.
Please note, whilst Snap endeavour to reply to all applications, some of our positions are so popular this is not possible and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted