PLANT PROCESS OPTIMISATION ENGINEER – CEMENT
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by The Martin Veasey Partnership
"Fantastic career development opportunity for degree educated Chemical Engineer"
C£35000 + Benefits
Commutable from: Derbyshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, Macclesfield, Chapel en le Frith, Leek, Stoke on Trent, Stockport, Buxton, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Matlock, Burton on Trent, Ashbourne, Belper, Rotherham, Dronfield, Worksop. Relocation assistance may be considered
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious Chemical Engineer to join the plant optimisation team of a UK market leader.
Working closely with production, maintenance, project and environmental management colleagues, you will focus on plant performance to enable the plant to achieve its Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) and performance objectives. The main elements of the role are to:
* Maintain high safety standards and effectively coach and challenge others to work safely.
* Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
* Conduct day to day and longer-term investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
* Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
* Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
* Build and maintain positive relations with other teams to achieve the plant's goals
The Ideal Applicant:
* Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related subject
* IOSH qualification or willing to work towards.
* IChemE associated - working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer status
* At least 2-3 years minimum proven experience in chemical process engineering and plant performance improvement.
* Strong IT skills, in particular proficient in the use of Pi and MS office packages
* Environmental awareness in relation to developing a positive impact on the business.
* Strong knowledge of the physico-chemical products.
* Good knowledge of process control methods and statistical methods for troubleshooting.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Competent to assist the development of production operators to enhance the effectiveness of the process.
* High safety standards and a wide knowledge of Health and Safety management techniques (e.g. Risk Assessments).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Persuasion and influencing skills
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. Relocation assistance will also be considered