Posted on Sep 13, 2022 by Diversified Mold & Castings
Job Summary: Shape and smooth metal surfaces to finish molds using both power and hand tools per customer specifications. Prepare molds or castings which include but not limited to: removing parts, polishing foundry surface to specifications, and hand fitting parting lines and removing any mismatch. Below is a minimal representation of what is expected of a Benchman.
Job Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, grind, polish, and fit per customer specifications and or industry standards
- Remove parts necessary to pour castings including gates, runners, risers, etc.
- Polish foundry surface to customer specifications
- Hand fit parting lines on molds and remove any mismatch
- Visually be able to inspect parts and determine issues and defects
- Correct any defects as permissible according to specifications
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches
- Report defects or issues to Department Lead or Plant Supervisor
- Work with other departments to notify of processes that did not turn out correctly and to stop any future jobs from being affected
- Follow oral and written instructions and/or direction given by supervisors to complete assigned work projects
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot problems
- Use grinders, polishers, sawzall, circular saws, cut off wheels, and miscellaneous industry tools including hand tools
- Work as a team within department and with other departments and Leads
- Willingness to learn and grow in this department
- Ensure work area is clean and safe
- Other duties may be assigned as needed, this is not a complete list
Be on time and at your station ready to work when your shift starts.
Typical manufacturing environment including loud noise levels, heat and dirt; steel-toed shoes and safety glasses are a must
Must be able to stand, sit and bend for long periods of time
Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds
Physical capability to properly handle tooling and safely set up large pieces