Posted on Sep 13, 2022 by Illuminate
Illuminate supports the national security community and its allies with a wide range of analytic and cyber effect solutions that accelerate informed decision made in the telephony, IP messaging, cyber, and multi-source arenas. Our customers require insight from the endless volume and variety of data to make critical, high integrity decisions at mission speed. We are an innovative solutions company striving to be a global leader in multi-source data collection, predictive analysis and mobile/network surveillance (4G/5G) and assurance, from the Edge of Collection to the Core of Exploitation, Tactical to Strategic, Endpoint to the Enterprise.
You must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. In order to obtain potential HMG security clearance with no exclusions, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Software Engineer to join our team! As a Software Engineer at our company, you will be responsible for analyzing, planning, developing, implementing, testing and maintaining various software solutions. You will have the chance to work on interesting projects and build your career. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing innovative solutions
- Perform full lifecycle software development
- Test and evaluate the technical aspects of every decision
- Review code and assess code quality
- Provide timely solutions to issues
You Must Have:
- Honours degree (2:1 or above) in a relevant discipline (Computer Science or Engineering/Mathematics/Physics with strong computing content) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Good knowledge of C/C++, Python, Java, security and database technology
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Be motivated, goal oriented and able to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Familiarity with development/deployment of Linux (CentOS/Redhat) systems, OS configuration, OS security, platform release processes, package management and scripting, etc.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Some working knowledge of structured relational databases, NoSQL/unstructured data and object stores.
- Knowledge of modern software development tools like GitLab, Atlassian stack (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence), etc.
- Knowledge of IP based communications and mobile networks
- SDN (e.g. Open vSwitch, OpenFlow)
- Cloud-based development and deployment technologies.
What you can expect...
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other.
- An excellent benefits package including, flexible working, employee assistance program, full medical and dental care and cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent training and development opportunities including, online and in-office training and a preference to promote from within.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance and income protection.
The biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of its people.
Illuminate is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in Illuminate means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.