Posted on Sep 13, 2022 by Globallogic UK&I
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company.
Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise - we help our clients imagine what's possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies "build the exceptional" and be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path.
This role is based in our UK&I region.
As a Systems Administrator you'll provide technical support within IT Operations; This includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for all operational services as well as delivering projects in line with the IT strategy. You'll also be involved with continuous improvement work to maintain an exemplary level of service across the business.
About the role:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for problem resolution, including reproduction of issues, reporting defects and providing workarounds
- Produce/update all support documentation
- Pro-actively manage, maintain and develop IT capacity and performance across the associated technology stack.
- Be the technical lead to design and implement solutions addressing key business goals
- Highlight all technical risks
- Create new knowledge base articles for reuse throughout the support department.
- Understand the customer needs, service, business impact of loss of service
- Be an ambassador for Information Services
- Be willing to help out with manual work, such as office moves and hardware relocation
About you (ideally)
- Experience with Microsoft 365 including Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Ability to lead complex projects from a technical standpoint
- PowerShell and/or Python programming languages
- Experience using Rest APIs & JSON
- Automation of business processes
- Configuration & troubleshooting of Windows 10/11 and MacOS devices
- Software deployment and management
- Mobile Device Management (Jamf/Caspter and Intune)
- AWS management, including writing of policies, IAM roles and Lambda functions
- Working in a SaaS delivered IT environment
- Configuring Single Sign-On for SaaS applications using Azure AD
- Patching and vulnerability management
- Configuration management
- Print server management
- Licence management and optimisation
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases.
Why work at GlobalLogic.
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering our people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences - providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region also supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by our business, customer and individual needs.
You'll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), and discounted gym memberships. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day - so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors.