Care Assistant (Nights Only)
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
The Springs, Malvern
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our exceptional team of carers. You might be an experienced Care Assistant or just a passionate individual looking for that chance to kick start a career in care, either way, we want to hear from you!
Our residents are at the heart of everything we do. Come join the team at Bupa and have a career worth caring about.
Working Shift patterns and salary
* £8.83 per hour
* Night Shifts: 8pm - 8am
* Full time and part time available (minimum permanent contract offered is 12 hours)
What you'll be doing
* As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well-being and social needs of our residents
* Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
* Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
* Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
* Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What you'll need
* Ideally, some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
* A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
* A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
Why choose Bupa?
* Refer a friend payments of up to £1000
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Excellent progression opportunities through dedicated training and development
* Childcare Vouchers
* 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
* Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
* Interest free travel ticket loans/ Free onsite Parking/ Cycle to Work Scheme
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Access to rewards, offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
* Uniform provided
* Recognition schemes including Everyday Heroes and annual National C
* Care Home Awards
About the Home
The Springs has been designed and built to care for elderly residents with dementia. Although it's positioned in a quiet area, shops, bus routes and local amenities are all nearby, and there's a train station just a mile away.
The Springs is a warm and friendly care home with carers and nurses that are both experienced and highly trained.
Designed as a homely environment for older residents with dementia, eye-catching pictures and corridors painted in contrasting colours act as memory and orientation triggers. Furthermore, reminiscence areas are designed specifically to help them to connect with past memories.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Careers worth caring about.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age