Director, New Business/Senior Director, Business Development
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by DAI
The employer is an international development company.
- Play a leading role in development and implementation of the organization's annual business development strategy.
- Take a leading role-championing, managing, or writing-priority proposals.
- Develop preliminary strategies for RFP releases based on the client goals and objectives, inclusive of, but not limited to, determining initial pricing, identifying internal and external resources needed, and planning teaming strategies.
- Lead reconnaissance efforts before and after RFP issuance, traveling on marketing missions/trips and participating in regional/industry events.
- Define a winning vision and approach that are responsive to RFPs, ensuring that the proposals clearly and accurately convey the strategies to the technical evaluation committee.
- Lead proposal incubator sessions and refine proposal approach and strategy as needed.
- Develop clear and effective proposal outlines, communicating expectations with technical writers for ensuring that the outline objectives are met.
- Closely interact with staff responsible for pricing to develop a best-value cost strategy.
- Contribute to development and implementation of the strategic marketing plan to cultivate relationships, build pipeline, and articulate and sell products and services to clients and partners.
- Mentor and work closely with other organizations to hone and improve their own business development and technical skills.
- Undertake short-term assignments overseas to stay current in his/her technical specialty and take part in marketing and outreach efforts, including writing articles and presenting at conferences.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 13 : 17 years' experience in health or related field and a bachelor's degree; or 15 years' experience in health or related field and a master's degree.
- Grade 12 : 13 years' experience in health or related field and a bachelor's degree; or 11 years' experience in health or related field and a master's degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of business development experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills