Regional Group Fitness Manager - Worcester
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Crunch Fitness Int'l
Fitness Holdings Northeast is looking for a Regional Group Fitness Manager to join their Corporate team and oversee their Boston market. The ideal candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic and passionate about health and fitness. This person must be a certified Instructor as well.
Fitness Holdings Northeast is a franchise of CRUNCH Fitness. We are headquartered in Greenwich, CT. Our mission is to launch a network of CRUNCH gyms across the northeastern United States. With franchise rights in Westchester County, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Northern New Jersey and Boston, MA, Fitness Holdings, LLC is on pace to build 50 clubs throughout the Northeast Corridor.
With a focus on low cost, high volume and superior customer service, Fitness Holdings' first location opened in May 2013 in White Plains, NY and grew to have 3 clubs in PA, 3 clubs in NJ, 2 clubs in NY, and 10 clubs in Boston, totaling 18 locations today, and growing.
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage® bed, and an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including Zumba®, BodyWeb with TRX®, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.
Why you should join our team:
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. We are a rapidly growing company that is looking for Managers on our team to want to grow their careers with us. We believe in promoting within and ensuring growth opportunities for our employees.
The Regional Group Fitness Manager (RGFM) will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within all of the Group Fitness departments in the Boston market, enabling the club to provide the highest level of customer service. He/She will demonstrate an aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives to ensure the integrity of the Crunch brand.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- The RGFM must travel to all clubs- regularly, to evaluate each clubs Group Fitness Department.
- Work with Crunch Corporate on all things GX and SGT.
- Manage all Coordinators on a regular basis- hold them accountable and ensure they are actually doing their jobs
- Assist Coordinators in performance management of each and every Instructor on our rosters.
- Hold trainings with all Coordinators.
- Roll out new classes.
- Spearhead the roll out of SGT in our clubs.
- Run member surveys on what they want in the GX program.
- Meet with GM's to ensure Coordinators and communication is there.
- Assist with the launch of the Class-ic Training Program at new Fitness Holdings, LLC clubs
- Work with Crunch Franchise to review instructor resumes during pre-sale recruitment
- Confirm all Group X supplies have arrived at the Club in advance of training (Group X Manuals, Weights, Bosu Balls, Portable Stereo, etc.)
- Work with instructors and General Manager to complete and process new hire paperwork
- Identify candidates for Coordinator position, and work with Club GM to interview and hire
- Ensure all Group X deliverables (copies of schedule, information sheet on class formats) are copied and readily available in club for opening
- Train Coordinator on responsibilities in this role, including assembling club¹s launch schedule, sub policies, payroll and managing Group X side of ABC, and supply tools including sub worksheets, Fitness Holding¹s Group X Instructor Manual, schedule and class count templates, instructor contact sheet templates and more
- Provide support to Coordinators post-opening
- Assist with questions re: holiday schedules/quarterly schedule changes, new format launches, etc.
- Assist with hiring and training new lead instructors, as necessary due to job change
- Maintain valid CPR Certification.
- Nationally Accredited Group Fitness Certification: AFAA, ACE, or NASM preferred.
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part of the job.