Principal Platform Adoption Engineer
Posted on Sep 7, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Principal Platform Adoption Engineer. They need this engineer to have a strong development background and be able to help support infrastructure. They will work with Github, Terraform, Docker, Containers, Python programming, Cloud (AWS, Azure), Splunk, Jira, etc.
- Plan, implement, and release changes using zero-downtime techniques
- You will be facilitating the requirements setting for engineering, architecting, design and support of the environment, including landing zones, guardrails, networking, CI/CD infrastructure, security, observability, and service catalog offerings.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to reduce mean time of delivery, antifragile design
- Implement repeatable CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, end user applications, machine images and containers
- Document, advocate and formalize patterns for resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting
- Directly collaborate with application teams and product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team.
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred.
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience programming in python/golang/etc.
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, test driven development and design principles.
- Must have 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard developer and enterprise products such as or similar to GitHub, Terraform, Artifactory, Vault, Jira, Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with concepts pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Prior experience developing, shipping and managing production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS/GCP)
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux networking and operating system