Posted on Sep 7, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Platform Engineer. This company is looking for a platform engineer who has a heavy development background in Python, Terraform, and Automation. They will need the ability to develop the platforms (cloud infrastructure, containers, Linux/Windows, CI/CD, etc.) and has a heavy tooling background. This engineer must have experience with cloud, either AWS or GCP.
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- You will be engineering, architecting, designing and supporting capabilities including landing zone guardrails, network connectivity, CI/CD infrastructure, security, observability and service catalog offerings.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, machine images and containers
- Implement resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting that is integrated into firm systems
- Automate system configuration and orchestration using DevOps tools & approaches, such as Terraform Cloud, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Harness, etc.
- 7Be involved in the development of scalable, distributed software systems, and work on other projects that require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
- Must have 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard SDLC and Cloud products including Github Enterprise, Terraform Cloud + Sentinel, Jira, Hashicorp Packer & Vault, Splunk, Prisma Cloud, Checkmarx, Snyk, Artifactory, New Relic, Jenkins, Harness.io and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong coding background a must in either python, Java, golang, Perl or Shell Scripting. Must have wide and deep experience coding in Terraform. Strong expertise in security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, eg PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in GCP and AWS is preferable.