Assistant Manager - Cranston
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Planet Fitness
TheAssistant Managerwill be responsible forassisting the Club Manager in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience as well as a financially successful club. You will be responsible for assisting the Club Manager and Club Staff in creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to all Planet Fitness members and guests. You will also be responsible for the assisting the Club Manager and Club Staff in maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the facility to ensure a positive member experience.
At Planet Fitness, our members come first and everything we do is geared towards providing them the best experience possible. You will learn about people quickly in very customer friendly environment and will be responsible for:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuringstaff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns. Only elevating the issue to Club Manager as needed
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Giving tours of the club, providing membership information and signing new members up
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions
- Helping members with any questions or concerns they may have in a timely and professional manner> Only elevating the issue to Club Manager as needed
- Helping members with needed updates to their accounts
- Assisting in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club whether it involves cleaning equipment or a toilet
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Are at least 18 years or older
- You have an upbeat and positive attitude!
- Are punctual and are reliable.
- Have good communication skills. Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Can flex more than just your muscle. Must be open to a curve ball every once in a while, and must be flexible in responsibilities.
- You are willing and able to work extra hours as required, bring smiles to our members
- Can interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers. Enjoy exceeding the member's expectations and only use appropriate behavior and language of course when dealing with any issues at the club.
- Monday to Thursday hours ranging from 10am to 8pm
- Weekend hours ranging from 9am to 5pm
- Consistent work weekly pay
- On the job training and skill development
- Performance based pay increases
- Medical insurance, if hourly requirements are met
- Free Black Card Membership!
- Company sponsored social events
- Continual standing and walking during shift, so wear comfortable shoes.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift like disinfectant products.