SRE Platform Engineer
Posted on Sep 7, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Site Reliability Platform Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for a large multi-project GCP environment that our internal application development teams rely on. You will assist with maintaining and developing cloud-based shared infrastructure services, while continually implementing service improvements.
- Engineering, architecting, designing and supporting capabilities including landing zone guardrails, network connectivity, CI/CD infrastructure, security, observability and service catalog offerings.
- All team members are expected to be active participants in the envisioning, design, and development process - this includes proactively suggesting improvements and alternatives along with keeping an open mind to the suggestions offered by other team members and users.
- Collaborating with business and technology stakeholders, and product teams to develop and articulate our vision; as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience, in globally distributed platform aligned teams across technology.
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Work closely with other Platform Engineering teams to ensure a seamless integration of the enablement services in our internal developer cloud platform to provides capabilities for development and product aligned engineering teams to meet the needs of the business.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, machine images and containers
- Implement resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting that is integrated into firm systems such as CMDB
- Automate system configuration and orchestration using DevOps tools & approaches, such as Terraform Cloud, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Harness, etc.
- Directly collaborate with senior management and product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team.
- 7Be involved in the development of scalable, distributed software systems, and work on other projects that require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
- List the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical abilities, experience, licenses, training, educational requirements, etc. required for the position. These are not functions but rather the attributes an individual must possess in order to be qualified for the position.
- Must have 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard SDLC and Cloud products including Github Enterprise, Terraform Cloud + Sentinel, Jira, Hashicorp Packer & Vault, Splunk, Prisma Cloud, Checkmarx, Snyk, Artifactory, New Relic, Jenkins, Harness.io and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong coding background a must in either python, Java, golang, Perl or Shell Scripting. Must have wide and deep experience coding in Terraform. Strong expertise in security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, eg PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in GCP and AWS is preferable.
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, learning new skills to implement new technologies
- Highly-collaborate team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the technology and business organizations.