Managing Quantity Surveyor
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
The Devon & Cornwall team is looking for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated managers. With our diverse portfolio of projects, we are looking for an established Managing Quantity Surveyor with demonstrable experience of managing teams of Senior Quantity Surveyors and multiple projects, along with a wealth of knowledge throughout the main contracting market. Depending on size of schemes, the Managing Quantity Surveyor will manage 3 to 6 schemes.
* Responsible for the commercial management of a large project or a number of multiple projects, ensuring that all commercial processes and procedures are followed
* Ensure works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value
* Ensure costs are managed and ensuring subcontract accruals and liabilities are properly assessed to determine True Cost
* Works in collaboration with the site team to maximise value and minimise cost
* Ensure the project procurement schedule is maintained
* Responsible for the procurement of subcontractors on agreed terms
* Maintains the project risk and opportunity schedule, ensuring that risks are mitigated and opportunities realised.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary plus package as well as the opportunity to work for a market leading contractor in Devon and Cornwall. With years of established, repeat business and a highly reputable name within the South West, this is a fantastic opportunity.
Please click "Apply Now" if you're interested in the role or email
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy