Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by The MEL Group
An opportunity has arisen for a Technician to join the team at MEL Aviation Ltd based in Sudbury, Suffolk.
As a Technician at MEL Aviation Ltd, you will be responsible for carrying out technical procedures for the overhaul and repair of evacuation equipment with the use and understanding of written instructions. It is vital that the successful candidate has an appreciation of the exceptional working standards required in the Aviation Industry and can apply their understanding of FAA/CAA and EASA Regulations, amongst other regulatory bodies.
You will be responsible for:
* The ability to use tooling and test equipment in the correct manner
* To work within a team environment, with good communication skills
* Exceptional standards of housekeeping
* Responsible for adhering to health and safety rules and procedures
* Conducting assigned tasks in a controlled and safe manner, paying particular respect to colleagues and equipment
* Move cylinders and other equipment within work bays without damage to self, colleagues or equipment
* A keen appreciation of Quality Assurance
* Willingness to learn and develop capability
* To work safely, within guidelines, with high pressure gas systems
* To work to set standards and deadlines
* Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, at all levels
* Basic mechanical / engineering knowledge
* Good numeracy and literacy skills
* Reliable with a flexible attitude and approach
* Professional conduct displayed at all times
* Able - bodied (able to lift safe loads without assistance)
* Good record of technical competence within the Company or from previous experience
* Positive attitude combined with a 'common sense' approach
* Ability to work well within a team, and as an individual
* Meticulous attention to detail, with a methodical approach to tasks
* Takes pride in self and work
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working 40 hours per week during the hours of 08:00am - 5:00pm.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.
Luton Bennett Ltd
Luton Bennett Ltd