Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by South West Water
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the South West's leading employers as a Maintenance Manager for our team based in Plympton, Plymouth.
The Maintenance Manager will manage the delivery of second line maintenance activities through a team of Waste Water Service MEICA (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation) Craftsperson's and specialist contractors. This will include the development and optimisation of working arrangements, performance measures and skilling opportunities in addition to supporting the effective processing of planned and reactive maintenance requests by the area operational management team to ensure key outcomes and business targets are met. Key responsibilities include:
* Actively engage with the team delivering their daily work activities
* Support effective prioritisation of maintenance activities
* Be responsible for the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of the MEICA craftspersons
* Review Site Risk Assessments and safe systems of work to effectively manage risks.
* Take the lead in the operational area to continuously improve plant and equipment reliability and longevity.
* Manage staff resources to balance resource against demand with due regard for key calendar events of public holiday periods in addition to individual craftsperson's circumstances and requests.
The Ideal Maintenance Manager:
* Proven experience of working in either an operational MEICA (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation) delivery role
* Preferably educated to A Level standard, minimum GCSE in Mathematics and English and a science subject.
* HNC in related discipline linked with MEICA specific skills and competency
* MEICA knowledge in an operational context to enable effective decision making
* Ability to participate in the Duty Catchment Manager area standby and weekend working rotation
* Able to travel around the work area using company vehicle
* Full UK Drivers Licence
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Manager, we can offer a competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience. We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as a Maintenance Manager, click apply today
South West Water
South West Water
Abundant Recruitment Limited
GAP Recruitment (SW) Limited T/A Big Ant Group