Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by ASC Connections
The company are an established and world renowned leader in the design, development and manufacture of high performance racing engines and racing systems. As part of their continuing expansion program they have an opportunity to work within their prestigious engineering facility in Derbyshire. Working alongside a team of highly skilled machinists, you'll be given full autonomy over delivering finished articles from a customer drawing or specification.
Role and responsibilities
* Responsible for programming and setting of Mori Seiki CNC Turning Lathes
* Online programming from CAD drawings using FANUC controls
* Setting up tooling and fixturing, prove out and execute part programs
* Manage the programming of updates and new components.
* Support design and production engineering on the deployment of methodologies
* Producing low volume precision parts, including bespoke / prototype parts when required
* Apply a continuous improvement approach
* Carry out in-process inspection to include CMM operation
Skill set required
* Experienced in programming and setting CNC Turning Lathes
* Competence and familiarity of programming with Fanuc controls, using G & M Codes
* Capable of manufacturing highly detailed components.
* Sound understanding of materials and modern cutting methods.
* Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
* Able to work with minimum supervision.
* High levels of motivation and a flexible approach in terms of working hours.
* Shift work may be required on occasions.
* Ability to positively interact with design and build departments to overcome engineering challenges.
This is an genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With an extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each engineer supports the next one.
Working hours are 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch per day
Package on offer
Overtime paid at Time & ½ for Weekday and Saturday, Double Time on Sunday
Company pension with up to 7.5% matched contributions
Private Medical Insurance opt in
25 days Holiday plus bank holidays
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively
Contek Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Doyen Resources Limited
Rise Technical Recruitment