Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by First People Solutions
First People Solutions are working alongside one of our leading multi-disciplinary consultancy clients to recruit for an experienced Civil/Structural Technician to support their continued success across the UK and internationally.
Our client, have built a reputable image over the past 20 years for their unique and extensive project delivery across the country. With a diversified portfolio ranging across the Buildings, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Energy sectors they have established solid relationships with some of the country's largest construction clients and have continuously responded to the market needs of the ever-changing environment.
This role requires a commercially minded, professional Engineer to strengthen their busy engineering team, who provide the complete design and engineering services to a vast range of clients.
The main responsibilities include:
* Developing high quality engineering solutions from concept design to detailed design
* Co-ordinate and manage a significant workload and resource requirements for projects
* Leading engineering project teams- ensuring that projects are delivered on time and budget
* Mentor and provide direction to junior members of the team
* Assist with the creation and output of commercial bids and production of tender documentation
* Liaise directly with clients and gain a full understanding of their requirements
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
* Degree qualified in a relevant engineering background, with strong experience working within the industry
* Hold chartered or incorporated status or working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body
* Previous experience of all stages of the design and construction process
* Experience of working within restricted time scales and managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Good communication and relationship building skills to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company who have a diverse project pipeline which guarantee a challenging and varied workload.
If you are interested in this position please apply online by attaching an up to date CV, or please call Aimee Watt on (phone number removed) if you would like to hear more information about this role