Global Manufacturing Director
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Ambrose Recruitment
Working from the UK Head Office with about 50% overseas travel there is excellent blend of people development, technology and IoT implementation, process improvement and strategy.
An ambitious group who are active in acquisitions there are excellent opportunities within an agile, open and collaborative environment to have significant impact globally.
This role has responsibility for manufacturing and supply chain strategy across 4 large overseas manufacturing sites.
Working closely with other members of the leadership team you will be a supportive leader with multi country plant management experience, able to drive continuous improvement and cost reduction globally within a medium volume high product mix environment.
As Global Manufacturing Director within this successful privately owned business you will be responsible for the strategic and effective operation of various production sites responsible for taking a continuous improvement approach to optimise production processes, safety, and manpower utilisation. Responsible for overseeing plant activities via managers, to meet business objectives. Accountable for all aspects of plant performance, ensuring objectives are attained with cost-efficiencies, consistent with quality requirements. Delegate authority to key production teams, manage all functions, direct and coordinate operations for the processing plants.
You will drive supply chain activities ensuring that inventory is maximised, suppliers deliver OTIF and optimise Sales & Operational Planning (S & OP)
Commercially and financially astute with a keen understanding of departmental and geographic interdependencies. Material planning (MRP) and expediting in matrix management with financial leads.
Working closely with Advanced Manufacturing you will also drive Industry 4.0.
The Key Accountability's of the Global Manufacturing Director are:
- Work and coach Plant Managers in each country to drive plant performance.
- Identify and implement cost reduction activities both in manufacturing and supply chain
- Identify and implement plant automation as appropriate
- Implementation of 4.0 to capture relevant data to drive business efficiency
- Review production schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications and scheduled delivery dates to plan department operations.
- Ensure manufacturing and delivery of production throughout various factories to Quality and Cost standards.
Planning production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products. - Maximize effectiveness, growth and profitability through preparation of operational schedules and coordinating manufacturing activities to quality specifications.
- Develop Manufacturing and operations strategy, identify key goals working closely with Supply Chain Director.
Communicating goals, objectives, and plans set for production on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to all key stakeholders/Plant managers. - Optimize S&OP plan balancing revenue maximization, meeting customer requirements with cost implications.
- Foster an environment that supports learning, individual development and openness to change.
- Increase Flexibility and Innovation - Continuous Improvement